Welcome to ::>>forumstyles.forummate.com/Home<<::. Click here to register

::>>forumstyles.forummate.com/Home<<::

Forum styles

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: the Chicago Bears have done what originally felt damn-near
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:28 am 
Random avatar

Have thanks: 0 time
Well https://www.thebearsfanshop.com/Taylor-Gabriel-Jersey , They’ve won three divisional games in the course 12 days, despite being without Mitchell Trubisky on a four-day turnaround. Their latest win (a 23-16 victory at Ford Field) on Turkey day may have been the most impressive, even after a big win against the Minnesota Vikings just under a week ago.At this point, I’m not sure enough can be said about what head coach Matt Nagy and his staff has been able to do with this team. This time last year, the Bears were being blown out against the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles. Now, they are a (2-3) record away from doubling their 2017 win total.Not only that but because of Thursday’s win, their playoff odds via Football Outsiders have jumped to (96.9%). Needless to say, its been an exciting year and incredible turnaround for this Bears team, but Thursday’s win may have just put them in a prime position to steal the NFC North in the coming weeks.For more on Week 12’s game balls, let’s dive in on a job well done.QB Chase Daniel Photo by Leon Halip/Getty ImagesAfter the surprising news of starting quarterback Trubisky’s right shoulder injury emerged on Monday, the focus quickly turned to Daniel on a short week.Back in March, the Bears beat out the Kansas City Chiefs for Daniel’s service with a two-year, $10 million deal and $7 million guaranteed. Some wondered why they would guarantee that type of money to a nine-year veteran with two career starts, but familiarity with a brand new offense scheme was a big value. That value was not only in a spot start situation like Thursday, but also his ability to mentor a second-year quarterback like Trubisky.Don’t get me wrong, it’s never ideal to lose your starting quarterback Trey Burton Color Rush Jersey , especially on a short week. Even so, Daniel stepped up in a big way setting multiple career highs along the way.He finished the game 27/37 (73%) for 230 passing yards and a pair of touchdowns. The amount of passing attempts may have surprised some, but Nagy didn’t stray away from throwing the ball, especially with a run game that continues to struggle. Daniel wasn’t perfect by any means, but he made many more throws than he missed and led the Bears back from two different deficits and most importantly didn’t turn the ball over.On a short week without much of any sort of connection with his receivers, Daniel did a very good job of spreading the ball around and staying out of big trouble. All in all, he did more than enough to win the game and that’s all you can ask for out of a quarterback that hasn’t made an NFL start since 2014, especially when he didn’t actually have a practice on a short week.Even for as big of a start as this way for him, it was easy to see how much value Trubisky’s athleticism and big arm brings this offense. The good news? He’s expected back for Week 13 against the New York Giants, at least according to reports before the game.S Eddie JacksonPhoto by Leon Halip/Getty ImagesJackson’s pick-six was not only the deciding play of the game, but it was exactly the type of game-changing play that was needed to win a game, considering the circumstances.Thursday’s game winner was Jackson’s fifth touchdown since entering the league last year. That leads all defensive players in the time span, which is beyond impressive. The second-year safety’s ballhawking ability is something this team has not seen since the days of Mike Brown.On Thursday, Jackson had three tackles, two defended passes and his pick-six. Yes, he did have an bad miss on an open field tackle Cody Parkey Jersey , but in a game where the defense was gassed and the secondary was starting to give up big plays, his play earned him this week’s honor.Jackson is also now second on the team in interceptions and tied for 3rd in the league with (4) interceptions. This has been the sophomore break out that many (including myself) had predicted at the start of the year.Honorable Mention: LB Roquan SmithRaj Mehta-USA TODAY SportsIn a game where Jackson’s performance stood out as the best on the defensive unit, there was another young player that made a sizable impact.Smith finished the game with 11 tackles, a sack, tackle-for-loss and another quarterback hit that helped cause the Jackson pick-six. Over his last four games, the No. 8 overall pick has really picked up his game with 40 tackles and is now tied for second on the team with four sacks. On top of that, he leads the team with 81 total tackles, which also ranks 11th in the NFL.To say that Smith’s play is improving rapidly would be an accurate depiction, but one could argue that he’s quickly becoming one of the team’s most valuable defenders. Which is exactly what general manager Ryan Pace had in mind when he took him in the top 10 back in late April.It may be too late to compete with Darius Leonard for the Defensive Rookie of the Year honor, but his play over the last five or so games has been very encouraging. After showing a few signs of slow development after missing all of the preseason and his rookie training camp due to a contract holdout, he’s come on like the player the Bears expected him to be.Chicago Bears Sackwatch 2018: Week 6 vs Miami Dolphins With as hot as it was in Miami, I was expecting a few more breakdowns in the pass protection for the Chicago Bears. All things considered, I’d say that only allowing two sacks and three total quarterbacks hits was a good afternoon for their pass protection. It wasn’t a completely clean day for them however, as Pro Football Focus had the Dolphins down for pressuring Mitchell Trubisky on 10 of his 36 drop-backs. The Bears’ QB hits allowed on the season are quite good however. Accordingto NFL.com, the Bears have only allowed 19 QB hits this year. Only the Saints and Panthers have allowed fewer. His sack percentage, while still in the bottom half of the league at 6.9% https://www.thebearsfanshop.com/Khalil-Mack-Jersey , is an improvement over last year’s 8.6%. But back to the heat before I get into the Sackwatch this week. Former Bear, James “Big Cat” Williams, made an interesting point on the WSCR post game show on Sunday when he remarked that offensive linemen (and quarterbacks) are the only players on the field that never raise their hand to get a breather. He said o-linemen are just trained and conditioned to never take a play off. Even though this is obvious, I still get a kick out of hearing it said by Big Cat. This tells me that offensive linemen are some the toughest and best conditioned athletes on the planet.Sackwatch after 5 games2010 - 21 Martz2011 - 18 Martz2012 - 14 Tice2013 - 9 Trestman2014 - 12 Trestman2015 - 11 Gase2016 - 11 Loggains2017 - 9 Loggains2018 - 12 NagySack 11 - Second Quarter 14:44 - Jonathan WoodardWhen I watched this play live, my immediate reaction was that the sack allowed was on right tackle Bobby Massie. He was in good position to cut off defensive end Jonathan Woodard, but then he stopped moving his feet when the Dolphin defender started to slip past him. Massie tried to give Woodard one final push past his quarterback, but he didn’t get enough on it. The thing that gives me pause on giving it to Massie is Trubisky walking right into the sack. It looks like he has an escape lane if he steps up and to the right, but on the second replay in the video above, it looks like he never saw Massie get beat. After spinning around to fake it to Taylor Gabriel on the rocket sweep motion (which I loved by the way), Trubisky is looking left. He senses a little pressure from that side then darts to his right. Right into Woodard who cleanly beat Massie. The quickness in which Massie was beat leads me to giving this one to him. Sack 12 - Second Quarter 9:30 - Vincent TaylorThis makes two sacks allowed by Kyle Long this year, and he was beat on both in the same manner.All four of the Dolphin defensive linemen are lined up very wide, and the two lined up against Chicago’s right side stayed that way on their rush. Long doesn’t take a good angle on his kick-step, and defensive tackle Vincent Taylor beats him with speed. A quick rip move to get under Long sets him up to just work right past him and on to the quarterback. I’d like to see Long, when faced with this alignment again, reflect back to his days as a right tackle and get better depth on his initial move.Individual Sackwatch through 5 games:Mitchell Trubisky - 4.5Sacks Happen - 2Kyle Long - 2Bobby Massie - 2Dion Sims - .5Charles Leno Jr. - .5Eric Kush - .5

Profile E-mail